- Friday, February 09, 2018 6:16 PM
Skopje, 9 February 2018 (MIA) – The first play set to premiere at the Macedonian National Theater in 2018 is The Young Ladies of Avignon. Its first performance is scheduled for February 21, and the play is based on Sasho Dimoski's script and directed by Nenad Vitanov.
The MNT production marks the 110th anniversary of the creation of Picasso's famous painting Les Demoiselles d'Avignon, which was a major first step towards Cubism and is generally taken as the foundation of the art movement.
The cast consists of Iskra Veterova, Sofia Nasevska-Trifunovska, Zvezdana Angelovska, Gordana Endrovska, Ana Stojanovska, and Vasil Zafircev.
Kaliopi Bukle wrote the score, Filip Vitanov is the set designer, and Tanja Kokev designed the costumes for the play. mr/18:15
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:08 PM | PM: Greece seen meeting fiscal targets, no fiscal gap in 2018/9
Greece and its foreign creditors agreed that the country will meet its fiscal targets in the coming ...
- 7:54 PM | FinMin Tevdovski: Public debt put under control
For the first time after more than 10 years, public debt has been put under control, Finance Ministe...
- 6:45 PM | Macedonia and Poland celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
‘Makedonissimo’ project - transcriptions of Macedonian traditional music by Pande Shahov in collabor...
- 6:08 PM | U.S. threatens 'strongest' sanctions on Iran, seeks sweeping change
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday threatened to impose the “strongest sanctions in history” a...
- 5:41 PM | Original reporting makes up only seven percent of TV news broadcasts
A recent survey of eight Macedonian TV networks has shown that local journalists take the initiative...