- Sunday, February 18, 2018 2:35 PM
Athens, 18 February 2018 (MIA) - The Athens-Skopje name negotiations have reached a prefect momentum, contrary to the claims of opposition New Democracy leader that there are no favorable circumstances at the moment for a solution, Greek Minister of Administrative Reform Olga Gerovasili says in an interview with the new agency ANA-MPA.
'At the moment the negotiations are underway under the UN auspices. Both sides are making substantial efforts and we take advantage of these developments as any responsible government will do, demonstrating rationality, negotiating skills and being led only by the principle of defending our national interests,' Gerovasili says.
She reiterates the Greek request for a compound, erga omnes name, pointing out that possible failure to settle the dispute will result in everything that people who protested in Greece are afraid of, MIA correspondent reports from Athens.
In this respect she warns that 'over 100 countries have recognized fYRoM under the name Macedonia.' lk/14:35
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:28 PM | Three children aged 4, 2, 1 die in Veles fire
Three children aged 4, 2 and 1 died in a fire that broke out on the outskirts of Veles late on Wedne...
- 9:20 PM | Erdogan says Turkey became safe haven for refugees, West hid behind barbed wires
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday Turkey became a safe haven for refugees while the W...
- 8:57 PM | Trump to order end of immediate immigrant family separations at U.S. border
U.S. President Donald Trump said he would sign an executive order on immigration on Wednesday to end...
- 8:46 PM | WC 2018: Uruguay makes knockout stage, Saudi Arabia out after 1-0 loss
Uruguay beat Saudi Arabia 1-0 on Wednesday thanks to a goal from striker Luis Suarez, propelling the...
- 8:41 PM | Committee for changes in Macedonian, Greek instruction books in coming weeks
A committee working on changes in instruction books in both Macedonia and Greece will be established...