- Monday, April 30, 2018 1:48 PM
Skopje, 30 April 2018 (MIA) - Prime Minister Zoran Zaev said Monday that Macedonia will surely have to open its Constitution prior to its EU accession, like all other member-states.
"Macedonia will surely open the Constitution prior to its EU entry, just like all other member-states, transferring a portion of its sovereignty to the Union. If additional guarantees are required as assurance for the citizens of Greece, then this could be discussed as an option. We are seeking all possible creative options for a solution, knowing that such a solution is attainable if institutions in both Greece and Macedonia vote in favor of it," PM Zaev told reporters after a court hearing.
He added that institutions should approve the solution, not Zaev, Dimitrov, Tsipras or Kotzias.
"I have probably mentioned the options for a solution, but taking into consideration the dignity and identity aspects," said Zaev. ik/13:44
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:50 PM | President Ivanov to attend 73rd UN General Assembly in New York
Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov kicks off Thursday his working visit to the United States, where ...
- 2:15 PM | EBRD lends €10m to Macedonia to improve European transport corridor
A €10 million loan from European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to the Macedonian go...
- 1:18 PM | Macedonia up two spots in latest FIFA ranking
Macedonia's national football team has advanced two spots in the latest FIFA ranking released on Thu...
- 1:00 PM | Spasovski: Macedonia plays active role in wide-reaching front against cyber threats
There's no doubt that in the past several years cyber crimes have become a major security-related th...
- 12:38 PM | US State Department: Macedonia cooperating in counterterrorism efforts
Macedonia cooperated with U.S. counterterrorism efforts and was a member of the Global Coalition to ...