- Monday, April 30, 2018 1:48 PM
Skopje, 30 April 2018 (MIA) - Prime Minister Zoran Zaev said Monday that Macedonia will surely have to open its Constitution prior to its EU accession, like all other member-states.
"Macedonia will surely open the Constitution prior to its EU entry, just like all other member-states, transferring a portion of its sovereignty to the Union. If additional guarantees are required as assurance for the citizens of Greece, then this could be discussed as an option. We are seeking all possible creative options for a solution, knowing that such a solution is attainable if institutions in both Greece and Macedonia vote in favor of it," PM Zaev told reporters after a court hearing.
He added that institutions should approve the solution, not Zaev, Dimitrov, Tsipras or Kotzias.
"I have probably mentioned the options for a solution, but taking into consideration the dignity and identity aspects," said Zaev. ik/13:44
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:08 PM | FM: Political decision this week on start of EU negotiations is crucial for Macedonia
I hope that the EU members could find a compromise that for us would imply a clear political decisio...
- 8:48 PM | Traffic accident leaves 2 dead, 17 injured migrants
Two migrants died and 17 were left injured on Monday after a traffic accident on Radovis-Stip road i...
- 8:35 PM | FM: Bulgaria to propose opening of EU-Macedonia accession negotiations
The Bulgarian Presidency of the EU Council will propose on Tuesday that Macedonia and Albania be inv...
- 8:23 PM | Macedonia expects heightened US support: deputy minister
Deputy Foreign Minister Andrej Zernovski and US Ambassador Jess Baily in a meeting on Monday praised...
- 7:50 PM | PM Zaev congratulates Turkey's Erdogan on election victory
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev sent Monday a letter to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan congratulating him ...