- Friday, May 18, 2018 12:35 PM
Athens, 18 May 2018 (MIA) – Greek PM Alexis Tsipras intends, over the weekend, to apprise the President of Greece, Prokopios Pavlopoulos, and political party leaders of the name discussion outcome following his meeting with his Macedonian counterpart in Sofia.
Greek government sources have told journalists in Greece that Athens will not back down from the requirement for a name for all uses and revision of the Constitution, MIA's Athens correspondent reports.
"To reach an agreement, we are asking for an erga omnes name and constitutional revision. It is a necessary requirement for integration into international institutions such as EU and NATO," Greek government sources said. mr/12:34
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:15 PM | EBRD lends €10m to Macedonia to improve European transport corridor
A €10 million loan from European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to the Macedonian go...
- 1:18 PM | Macedonia up two spots in latest FIFA ranking
Macedonia's national football team has advanced two spots in the latest FIFA ranking released on Thu...
- 1:00 PM | Spasovski: Macedonia plays active role in wide-reaching front against cyber threats
There's no doubt that in the past several years cyber crimes have become a major security-related th...
- 12:38 PM | US State Department: Macedonia cooperating in counterterrorism efforts
Macedonia cooperated with U.S. counterterrorism efforts and was a member of the Global Coalition to ...
- 11:38 AM | German Defence Minister: Seize this unique opportunity
We want to build Europe together with you. I am convinced that the referendum will be successful and...