- Thursday, June 14, 2018 4:47 PM
Rome/Vienna, 14 June 2018 (MIA) - OSCE Chairperson-in-Office, Italy's Foreign Minister Enzo Moavero Milanesi and OSCE Secretary General Thomas Greminger welcome the announcement of an agreement between Athens and Skopje on resolving the name issue, which they hailed as a major step towards advancing regional stability.
'Congratulations to Prime Ministers Alexis Tsipras and Zoran Zaev for their leadership and commitment to this momentous process for both countries, for South-Eastern Europe and for Europe as a whole,' Chairperson Moavero said. 'This is a unique opportunity that one must seize and further build upon.'
Secretary General Greminger stressed the significance of dialogue and compromise in this process. 'This historic agreement can now lead to a long-term solution for the benefit of all citizens and the entire region.'
The Secretary General also expressed his appreciation to the United Nations, which has led mediation efforts to resolve this dispute for more than 25 years, OSCE said in a press release. lk/16:45
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:27 PM | Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, may affect name deal: Osmani tells Realnews
Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, would cause disappointment, but also consequenc...
- 3:44 PM | 236 applications submitted at Fund for Innovations first call
236 applications from micro and small-sized enterprises (SMEs) for investment projects were submitte...
- 2:24 PM | The Gin Game play to be performed within Skopje Summer Festival
Drama Theatre Skopje will perform Sunday evening The Gin Game play by Donald Lee Coburn, directed by...
- 2:06 PM | WC 2018: FIFA fines Argentina, Croatia federations for fans’ conduct in Nizhny Novgorod
The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has fined football associations of Argentina and Croatia for disturb...
- 2:00 PM | Sekerinska sends letter to NATO counterparts asking support for Macedonia’s membership invitation
Following the agreement reached with Greece, Defence Minister Radmila Sekerinska sends letter to 29 ...