- Thursday, June 14, 2018 7:19 PM
Sofia, 14 June 2018 (MIA) – Macedonia’s President Gjorge Ivanov and Bulgaria’s Parliament Speaker Tsveta Karayancheva shared opinions Thursday in Sofia on the process for implementing the bilateral friendship treaty and welcomed the pace of cooperation between the two countries.
Ivanov voiced belief that the two countries would keep cooperating in promoting the region’s interests and advancing the bilateral ties.
Ivanov and Karayancheva reviewed the current developments in both countries and Macedonia’s European, Euro-Atlantic prospect in the light of the EU, NATO summits.
Ivanov commended Bulgaria’s successful mandate as the EU Presidency holder, saying that ‘Macedonia highly appreciates the Sofia support of the Western Balkans EU-integration,’ as the best instrument for guaranteeing the region’s peace, stability and prosperity.
He reaffirmed Macedonia’s commitment to build best possible relations with all of its neighbors and expressed gratitude over Bulgaria’s support of Macedonia in ‘these significant period for our country.’ lk/19:18
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:27 PM | Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, may affect name deal: Osmani tells Realnews
Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, would cause disappointment, but also consequenc...
- 3:44 PM | 236 applications submitted at Fund for Innovations first call
236 applications from micro and small-sized enterprises (SMEs) for investment projects were submitte...
- 2:24 PM | The Gin Game play to be performed within Skopje Summer Festival
Drama Theatre Skopje will perform Sunday evening The Gin Game play by Donald Lee Coburn, directed by...
- 2:06 PM | WC 2018: FIFA fines Argentina, Croatia federations for fans’ conduct in Nizhny Novgorod
The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has fined football associations of Argentina and Croatia for disturb...
- 2:00 PM | Sekerinska sends letter to NATO counterparts asking support for Macedonia’s membership invitation
Following the agreement reached with Greece, Defence Minister Radmila Sekerinska sends letter to 29 ...