- Thursday, June 14, 2018 9:16 PM
Skopje, 14 June 2018 (MIA) – The opposition VMRO-DPMNE and its parliamentary group will not support constitutional revision for changing of Macedonia’s constitutional name and is set to organize a protesting march on Sunday, party leader Hristijan Mickoski told reporters late Thursday.
The party’s executive committee unanimously concluded that the name agreement was in full contradiction with the national interests of the Republic of Macedonia, he said.
‘Thus far no international agreement has been ratified by one party and not by the other at the same time. It means we (Macedonia) will undertake responsibility, but what are Greece’s obligations and what is the measure if Greece fails to realize its own decision,’ Mickoski said.
He also asked the government how it intended for the parliament to endorse the name deal by a simple majority, saying at the same time that it has been planning to propose constitutional amendments that requre a two-third majority, he added.
VMRO-DPMNE will celebrate its birthday in Bitola on Sunday with a protesting march, Mickoski said, inviting all citizens sharing his party’s stance and wishing to put an end to government’s wrong policies to join in. lk/21:15
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:27 PM | Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, may affect name deal: Osmani tells Realnews
Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, would cause disappointment, but also consequenc...
- 3:44 PM | 236 applications submitted at Fund for Innovations first call
236 applications from micro and small-sized enterprises (SMEs) for investment projects were submitte...
- 2:24 PM | The Gin Game play to be performed within Skopje Summer Festival
Drama Theatre Skopje will perform Sunday evening The Gin Game play by Donald Lee Coburn, directed by...
- 2:06 PM | WC 2018: FIFA fines Argentina, Croatia federations for fans’ conduct in Nizhny Novgorod
The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has fined football associations of Argentina and Croatia for disturb...
- 2:00 PM | Sekerinska sends letter to NATO counterparts asking support for Macedonia’s membership invitation
Following the agreement reached with Greece, Defence Minister Radmila Sekerinska sends letter to 29 ...