- Thursday, June 14, 2018 9:48 PM
Skopje, 14 June 2018 (MIA) – Civic associations staged Thursday yet another protest outside Macedonia’s parliament in Skopje against Macedonia-Greece deal on settling the name issue.
The crowd demanded for all activities related to changing Macedonia’s constitutional name to be halted, saying that the name agreement was harmful for the country.
‘Each and every citizen should join the protests and reject the agreement. These are critical moments for the country, let’s stand against irresponsible politicians,’ a demonstrator said.
Some sang patriotic songs and chanted the President’s name.
During yesterday’s protests, 10 people were detained for violating the public order. lk/21:46
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:27 PM | Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, may affect name deal: Osmani tells Realnews
Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, would cause disappointment, but also consequenc...
- 3:44 PM | 236 applications submitted at Fund for Innovations first call
236 applications from micro and small-sized enterprises (SMEs) for investment projects were submitte...
- 2:24 PM | The Gin Game play to be performed within Skopje Summer Festival
Drama Theatre Skopje will perform Sunday evening The Gin Game play by Donald Lee Coburn, directed by...
- 2:06 PM | WC 2018: FIFA fines Argentina, Croatia federations for fans’ conduct in Nizhny Novgorod
The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has fined football associations of Argentina and Croatia for disturb...
- 2:00 PM | Sekerinska sends letter to NATO counterparts asking support for Macedonia’s membership invitation
Following the agreement reached with Greece, Defence Minister Radmila Sekerinska sends letter to 29 ...