- Thursday, June 14, 2018 9:48 PM
Skopje, 14 June 2018 (MIA) – Civic associations staged Thursday yet another protest outside Macedonia’s parliament in Skopje against Macedonia-Greece deal on settling the name issue.
The crowd demanded for all activities related to changing Macedonia’s constitutional name to be halted, saying that the name agreement was harmful for the country.
‘Each and every citizen should join the protests and reject the agreement. These are critical moments for the country, let’s stand against irresponsible politicians,’ a demonstrator said.
Some sang patriotic songs and chanted the President’s name.
During yesterday’s protests, 10 people were detained for violating the public order. lk/21:46
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:09 AM | Kotzias: No solution unless Prespa Agreement implemented
There will be no solution unless the Prespa Agreement is implemented, said Foreign Minister Nikos Ko...
- 8:54 AM | Eleven years since Tose Proeski's passing
Macedonia and the Balkans are remembering Tose Proeski, who tragically died in car crash near Nova G...
- 8:48 AM | "Feed 10,000" and school kindergartens on World Food Day
Promotion of a new kindergarten in elementary school Avram Pisevski in Skopje village Bardovci will ...
- 8:29 AM | Trump sends Pompeo to Riyadh over Khashoggi, Saudis may blame official
Saudi Arabia is preparing to acknowledge the death of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in a botched ...
- 8:21 AM | CEEC-China (16+1) countries' ministers meet in Belgrade
The Third summit of transport ministers of China and 16 countries of Central and Eastern Europe (CEE...