- Sunday, September 16, 2018 10:19 AM
Skopje, 16 September 2018 (MIA) - US Defense Secretary James Mattis will pay an official visit to Macedonia on Monday.
Secretary Mattis is expected to meet with Prime Minister Zoran Zaev and Defense Minister Radmila Sekerinska, followed by a joint media statement.
Mattis will express U.S. clear support to the coming referendum on the name agreement, but also concern over Moscow's possible interference in the process.
"I am going there to make very clear we stand with the Macedonian people," said Mattis.
He voiced concern about Russia's possible interference in Macedonia's referendum process.
"This kind of mischief that Russia has practiced from Estonia to the United States, from Ukraine and now to Macedonia, it always is adapted to the specific situation and it's always beyond the pale, as far as I'm concerned," added Mattis. ik/10:18
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:20 PM | Zaev-Pence: Prespa Agreement secures Macedonia's Euro-Atlantic integration
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev met Thursday in Washington with United States Vice President Mike Pence, w...
- 9:57 PM | DM Sekerinska: Citizens offered opportunity to realize wish for becoming part of EU, NATO
There is no doubt that citizens of Macedonia wish for their country to join the European Union and N...
- 8:45 PM | Germany, France help Western Balkans get rid of illicit arms
Germany and France have launched a project fighting illicit firearms trafficking in the Western Balk...
- 8:06 PM | Turkey slashes growth goals, warns of high inflation
Turkey slashed its growth projections and ramped up inflation predictions on Thursday, winning prais...
- 7:54 PM | Turkey fines Google over competition infringements
Turkey's Competition Authority has fined US tech giant Google around USD 15 million for violating co...