- Wednesday, May 16, 2018 5:58 PM
Skopje, 16 May 2018 (MIA) – Prime Minister Zoran Zaev and World Bank CEO Kristalina Georgieva commended Wednesday the Macedonia-WB cooperation, especially in infrastructure projects.
Meeting on the sidelines of the EU-Western Balkans Summit in Sofia, Zaev and Georgieva discussed on the future plans of cooperation. In this respect, Zaev invited the World Bank to join the WBIF (Western Balkans Investment Framework) and to particularly support transport, energy projects, the government said in a press release.
Macedonia’s reform progress in the course of the last year has been recognized and the World Bank is ready, along with state institutions, to work on a study for identifying the overall Macedonia’s potential for economic, societal development, which may set a base for the future strategy on growth and new jobs,’ Georgieva said. lk/17:56
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:15 PM | EBRD lends €10m to Macedonia to improve European transport corridor
A €10 million loan from European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to the Macedonian go...
- 1:18 PM | Macedonia up two spots in latest FIFA ranking
Macedonia's national football team has advanced two spots in the latest FIFA ranking released on Thu...
- 1:00 PM | Spasovski: Macedonia plays active role in wide-reaching front against cyber threats
There's no doubt that in the past several years cyber crimes have become a major security-related th...
- 12:38 PM | US State Department: Macedonia cooperating in counterterrorism efforts
Macedonia cooperated with U.S. counterterrorism efforts and was a member of the Global Coalition to ...
- 11:38 AM | German Defence Minister: Seize this unique opportunity
We want to build Europe together with you. I am convinced that the referendum will be successful and...