- Thursday, May 17, 2018 9:02 AM
Skopje, 17 May 2018 (MIA) - The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Economy has said the payment of the tobacco subsidies for the 2017 yield will begin as of Thursday.
Minister Ljupco Nikolovski, Payment Agency director Nikolce Babovski and State Agriculture Inspectorate director Jane Stenkoski will hold a press conference in village Ivanjevci, presenting details over the subsidies' payment.
According to the ministry, over 23,4000 tobacco producers will receive subsidies.
"This year we achieved the highest average price of MKD 217,6 (EUR 3.53) per kg," it adds.
Tobacco exports stand at about EUR 100 million per year. ik/09:01
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:30 AM | Japanese indie Shoplifters wins Cannes' Palme d'Or
The Japanese family drama Shoplifters has received the coveted award for best film, the Palme d'Or, ...
- 11:20 AM | Europe, China, Russia discussing new deal for Iran: newspaper
Diplomats from Europe, China and Russia are discussing a new accord to offer Iran financial aid to c...
- 6:45 PM | VMRO-DPMNE's Mickoski: No change of Constitution to change the name
VMRO-DPMNE does not accept the Constitution to be amended in order the constitutional name to be cha...
- 6:31 PM | President Ivanov to make public name position after receiving written document
President Gjorge Ivanov says he wants to receive a written document containing everything that has b...
- 5:55 PM | PM Zaev: Republic of Ilinden Macedonia could lead to possible compromise with Greece
The Republic of Ilinden Macedonia is the option considered by the premiers of Macedonia and Greece i...