- Thursday, May 17, 2018 9:02 AM
Skopje, 17 May 2018 (MIA) - The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Economy has said the payment of the tobacco subsidies for the 2017 yield will begin as of Thursday.
Minister Ljupco Nikolovski, Payment Agency director Nikolce Babovski and State Agriculture Inspectorate director Jane Stenkoski will hold a press conference in village Ivanjevci, presenting details over the subsidies' payment.
According to the ministry, over 23,4000 tobacco producers will receive subsidies.
"This year we achieved the highest average price of MKD 217,6 (EUR 3.53) per kg," it adds.
Tobacco exports stand at about EUR 100 million per year. ik/09:01
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:15 PM | EBRD lends €10m to Macedonia to improve European transport corridor
A €10 million loan from European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to the Macedonian go...
- 1:18 PM | Macedonia up two spots in latest FIFA ranking
Macedonia's national football team has advanced two spots in the latest FIFA ranking released on Thu...
- 1:00 PM | Spasovski: Macedonia plays active role in wide-reaching front against cyber threats
There's no doubt that in the past several years cyber crimes have become a major security-related th...
- 12:38 PM | US State Department: Macedonia cooperating in counterterrorism efforts
Macedonia cooperated with U.S. counterterrorism efforts and was a member of the Global Coalition to ...
- 11:38 AM | German Defence Minister: Seize this unique opportunity
We want to build Europe together with you. I am convinced that the referendum will be successful and...