- Tuesday, April 05, 2016 9:45 AM
Skopje, 5 April 2016 (MIA) - An exhibition “The Holocaust against the Roma and Sinti and Present-day Racism in Europe" will be opened Tuesday at the National and University Library “St. Kliment of Ohrid” in Skopje. German Ambassador to Macedonia Christine Althauser is to open the exhibition.
The Documentation and Cultural Centre of German Sinti and Roma in cooperation with numerous Roma organizations in Europe played a key role in contributing to the exhibition. It records systematic and brutal campaign of persecution and destruction waged by the National Socialists against Roma and Sinti in Germany and throughout occupied Europe. The last part of the exhibition refers to the current racism against Sinti and Roma.
The exhibition will run from April 6 to 16. sk/09:44
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:08 PM | PM: Greece seen meeting fiscal targets, no fiscal gap in 2018/9
Greece and its foreign creditors agreed that the country will meet its fiscal targets in the coming ...
- 7:54 PM | FinMin Tevdovski: Public debt put under control
For the first time after more than 10 years, public debt has been put under control, Finance Ministe...
- 6:45 PM | Macedonia and Poland celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
‘Makedonissimo’ project - transcriptions of Macedonian traditional music by Pande Shahov in collabor...
- 6:08 PM | U.S. threatens 'strongest' sanctions on Iran, seeks sweeping change
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday threatened to impose the “strongest sanctions in history” a...
- 5:41 PM | Original reporting makes up only seven percent of TV news broadcasts
A recent survey of eight Macedonian TV networks has shown that local journalists take the initiative...