- Thursday, February 08, 2018 9:36 AM
Skopje 8 February 2018 (MIA) – Celebrating 70 years of existence, the National Gallery of Macedonia will launch the monograph "Borko Lazeski 1917-1993" in the Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts (MANU) on Thursday.
The President of MANU Taki Fiti, Vlada Urosevikj, Nebojsa Vilikj, and Maja Cankulovska Mihajlovska, the project's curator, will speak about the monograph.
The launch also celebrates the 100-year birth anniversary of the most famous Macedonian monumental artist, formally trained painter, educator, upholder of the fresco-painting tradition and originator of stained-glass painting in Macedonia.
The National Gallery has dedicated the entire month of February to Lazeski's work and organized an exhibition of his paintings beginning February 15 and a lecture on Lazeski on February 28. Both will be held in the Daut Pasha Hamam. mr/09:35
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:08 PM | PM: Greece seen meeting fiscal targets, no fiscal gap in 2018/9
Greece and its foreign creditors agreed that the country will meet its fiscal targets in the coming ...
- 7:54 PM | FinMin Tevdovski: Public debt put under control
For the first time after more than 10 years, public debt has been put under control, Finance Ministe...
- 6:45 PM | Macedonia and Poland celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
‘Makedonissimo’ project - transcriptions of Macedonian traditional music by Pande Shahov in collabor...
- 6:08 PM | U.S. threatens 'strongest' sanctions on Iran, seeks sweeping change
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday threatened to impose the “strongest sanctions in history” a...
- 5:41 PM | Original reporting makes up only seven percent of TV news broadcasts
A recent survey of eight Macedonian TV networks has shown that local journalists take the initiative...