- Monday, May 14, 2018 8:42 AM
Skopje, 14 May 2018 (MIA) - Premiere of Russian film "Sobibor" directed by Konstantin Khabenskiy will take place in the Macedonian Cinematheque on Monday.
The screening is organized in cooperation with the Russian Embassy to Skopje, in the framework of observances of Victory Day.
"Sobibor" is based on the history of the Sobibor extermination camp uprising during WWII and Soviet officer Alexander Pechersky. When he was a POW in Sobibor, he managed to do the impossible - to organize a revolt and mass escape of the prisoners. Many of the escapees were later caught and died - the rest led by Pechersky managed to join the partisans.
Director Khabenskiy plays in the leading role, while the cast also includes Christopher Lambert, Mariya Kozhevnikova, Michalina Olszanska, Philippe Reinhardt, Maximilian Dirr, Mindaugas Papinigis, Wolfgang Cerny etc. ik/08:41
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:50 PM | President Ivanov to attend 73rd UN General Assembly in New York
Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov kicks off Thursday his working visit to the United States, where ...
- 2:15 PM | EBRD lends €10m to Macedonia to improve European transport corridor
A €10 million loan from European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to the Macedonian go...
- 1:18 PM | Macedonia up two spots in latest FIFA ranking
Macedonia's national football team has advanced two spots in the latest FIFA ranking released on Thu...
- 1:00 PM | Spasovski: Macedonia plays active role in wide-reaching front against cyber threats
There's no doubt that in the past several years cyber crimes have become a major security-related th...
- 12:38 PM | US State Department: Macedonia cooperating in counterterrorism efforts
Macedonia cooperated with U.S. counterterrorism efforts and was a member of the Global Coalition to ...