- Tuesday, May 15, 2018 4:42 PM
Skopje, 15 May 2018 (MIA) - Finnish poet Pauli Tapio has won the Bridges of Struga Award for best debut book, presented by the Struga Poetry Evenings (SPE) in cooperation with UNESCO, for his book 'Sparrows and Time (Varpuset ja aika).
Out of 23 books from 13 countries considered for the award, Tapio's Sparrows and Time fascinated with its precision and depth, the Struga Poetry Evenings said Tuesday in a statement calling the book 'mature, complex and extremely skillfully composed.'
The awarded book will be published in Finnish, Macedonian and English and presented during the 2018 festival of poetry in Struga in August, where the prize will be also presented to the poet.
Born in 1986, Pauli Tapio is also a literary critic, event organized and translator, who had studied Finnish literature and Russian language in Helsinki. ba/16:40
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:15 PM | EBRD lends €10m to Macedonia to improve European transport corridor
A €10 million loan from European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to the Macedonian go...
- 1:18 PM | Macedonia up two spots in latest FIFA ranking
Macedonia's national football team has advanced two spots in the latest FIFA ranking released on Thu...
- 1:00 PM | Spasovski: Macedonia plays active role in wide-reaching front against cyber threats
There's no doubt that in the past several years cyber crimes have become a major security-related th...
- 12:38 PM | US State Department: Macedonia cooperating in counterterrorism efforts
Macedonia cooperated with U.S. counterterrorism efforts and was a member of the Global Coalition to ...
- 11:38 AM | German Defence Minister: Seize this unique opportunity
We want to build Europe together with you. I am convinced that the referendum will be successful and...