- Sunday, September 24, 2017 12:37 PM
Solun, 24 September 2017 (MIA) - A group of 168 Syrian migrants illegally entered Greek territory from the normally well defended land border with Turkey, Greece police informed.
The group was apparently not using human traffickers but self-organized and walked across the border. Three more attempts weer prevented, including one in which 10 people, mostly Iraqis, were hidden in a truck driven by a Bulgarian citizen.
Greece's Aegean island route is largely closed since early 2016, and new routes, including a sea route from Turkey to Bulgaria and Romania, are being explored by the migrants based in Turkey.cc/12:37
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:53 PM | Forest fire burns west of Athens, residents flee on mopeds
A swift-moving forest fire burned through a mountainous area west of Athens on Monday, prompting res...
- 4:51 PM | VMRO-DPMNE's Mickoski: Gov't accepts opposition demands
Party leaders have reached an agreement on the law on the financing of political parties, a Przino-s...
- 4:49 PM | Sweden faces 'extreme' risk of even more wildfires
Sweden is facing an "extreme" risk of more wildfires in coming days, authorities warned on Monday. ...
- 4:44 PM | I’m ‘very happy’ with progress in North Korea talk, says Trump
US President Donald Trump on Monday lashed out at the media for what he said was “Fake News” about d...
- 4:08 PM | Leaders’ meeting brings agreement on ‘Przino Government, State Election Commission and financing of political parties (video)
After six-hour talks, the leaders of four main parties in Macedonia reached an agreement Monday on t...