- Friday, October 06, 2017 8:27 AM
Tirana, 6 October 2017 (MIA) - At least 120 Albanian nationals joined the Islamic State over the past decade, with more than 20 killed at battlefields, heard a forum in Shkoder that focused on regulations and ways to identify extremists.
"No Albanian citizens left for Syria this year as a result of the legal initiatives. However, this does not mean there will not be some later. Engagement of all stakeholders, special programmes and policies are a necessity", said representatives of the Helsinki Committee.
According to them, treatment of individuals returning from battlefields, but also their families, is still a problem.
Albania has adopted a national strategy for fight against violent extremism and a law banning Albanian citizens to take part in foreign armies. ik/08:25
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:42 PM | Pope: Nations must protect those who must flee
Pope Francis says he hopes governments can reach agreements that assure protection for those forced ...
- 4:05 PM | Macedonian and Greek MPs meet in Prespa
Macedonian lawmakers attending the signing of the historic name deal between Macedonia and Greece in...
- 3:56 PM | VMRO-DPMNE stages rally in Bitola against name agreement
VMRO-DPMNE with all democratic and legal means will fight against the capitulation served to us toda...
- 3:13 PM | Ohrid hosts International Seminar for Macedonian Language, Literature and Culture
Some 70 foreign university students studying Macedonian language, students who research topics relat...
- 2:50 PM | Macedonian, Bulgarian academies of science sign platform on cooperation
Recently signed friendship treaty between Macedonia and Bulgaria reflects the willingness of the cit...