- Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:52 AM
Sofia, 17 May 2018 (MIA) - EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini met Wednesday with Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic and Kosovo President Hashim Thaci at the sidelines of the European Union-Western Balkans Summit in Sofia, in the context of the continued facilitation of the Belgrade-Pristina Dialogue.
"The two leaders confirmed their readiness to continue working intensively with the High Representative to reach a comprehensive normalisation of relations, a key element for the transformation of the whole region," the European External Action Service says in a press release.
It adds, "Given the priority the EU attaches to its relations with the Western Balkans, in particular this year, it is important that definitive progress is made in the coming period, so that both Serbia and Kosovo can advance in their European aspirations." ik/08:51
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:50 PM | President Ivanov to attend 73rd UN General Assembly in New York
Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov kicks off Thursday his working visit to the United States, where ...
- 2:15 PM | EBRD lends €10m to Macedonia to improve European transport corridor
A €10 million loan from European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to the Macedonian go...
- 1:18 PM | Macedonia up two spots in latest FIFA ranking
Macedonia's national football team has advanced two spots in the latest FIFA ranking released on Thu...
- 1:00 PM | Spasovski: Macedonia plays active role in wide-reaching front against cyber threats
There's no doubt that in the past several years cyber crimes have become a major security-related th...
- 12:38 PM | US State Department: Macedonia cooperating in counterterrorism efforts
Macedonia cooperated with U.S. counterterrorism efforts and was a member of the Global Coalition to ...