- Tuesday, June 12, 2018 9:16 AM
Sofia, 12 June 2018 (MIA) - A Bulgarian military helicopter crashed at an air base near the southern city of Plovdiv during a routine exercise late on Monday, killing the two pilots and injuring a crew member, the defense ministry said on Monday, Reuters reports.
The Russian-made Mi-17 was around 50 meters above the Krumovo base when it fell at about 8.30 pm local time (1730 GMT), the ministry said, adding it was investigating.
Last July, a military helicopter crashed into the Black Sea off the Bulgarian coast during tactical drills, killing an officer and injuring two others. sk/09:15
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:09 AM | Kotzias: No solution unless Prespa Agreement implemented
There will be no solution unless the Prespa Agreement is implemented, said Foreign Minister Nikos Ko...
- 8:54 AM | Eleven years since Tose Proeski's passing
Macedonia and the Balkans are remembering Tose Proeski, who tragically died in car crash near Nova G...
- 8:48 AM | "Feed 10,000" and school kindergartens on World Food Day
Promotion of a new kindergarten in elementary school Avram Pisevski in Skopje village Bardovci will ...
- 8:29 AM | Trump sends Pompeo to Riyadh over Khashoggi, Saudis may blame official
Saudi Arabia is preparing to acknowledge the death of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in a botched ...
- 8:21 AM | CEEC-China (16+1) countries' ministers meet in Belgrade
The Third summit of transport ministers of China and 16 countries of Central and Eastern Europe (CEE...