- Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:50 PM
Belgrade, 13 June 2018 (MIA) - Fresh storms in the Balkans have flooded buildings and streets and pounded parts of the region with hail, destroying crops, The Associated Press reports.
Layers of ice formed Wednesday afternoon in the streets of the western Serbian town of Uzice as flood waters surged through the town.
Cars could be seen partially submerged in the water rushing down the streets, while people cleared their balconies of the ice after the storm.
In central Serbia, hail and strong winds damaged the region's orchards.
In neighboring Croatia, heavy rains flooded parts of a hospital in Zagreb, the capital, disrupting planned operations. Emergency officials have reported 30 interventions throughout the city during the storm. lk/20:48
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:27 PM | Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, may affect name deal: Osmani tells Realnews
Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, would cause disappointment, but also consequenc...
- 3:44 PM | 236 applications submitted at Fund for Innovations first call
236 applications from micro and small-sized enterprises (SMEs) for investment projects were submitte...
- 2:24 PM | The Gin Game play to be performed within Skopje Summer Festival
Drama Theatre Skopje will perform Sunday evening The Gin Game play by Donald Lee Coburn, directed by...
- 2:06 PM | WC 2018: FIFA fines Argentina, Croatia federations for fans’ conduct in Nizhny Novgorod
The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has fined football associations of Argentina and Croatia for disturb...
- 2:00 PM | Sekerinska sends letter to NATO counterparts asking support for Macedonia’s membership invitation
Following the agreement reached with Greece, Defence Minister Radmila Sekerinska sends letter to 29 ...