- Thursday, October 05, 2017 8:53 AM
Los Angeles, 5 October 2017 (MIA) - Oscar-winning actor Patricia Arquette is set to make her feature film directorial debut with “Love Canal”.
The movie is inspired by the 1970s housewives-turned- activists who are at the center of Will Battersby’s upcoming documentary “The Canal”, reported Deadline.
The story will follow a band of working class women from the titular New York neighbourhood who stood up to government power and the chemical industry, ultimately pressing President Jimmy Carter to approve relocating their families from houses built atop lots previously used as toxic chemical dumping grounds. Brad Desch has penned the screenplay.
Arquette is also producing the project with Safe House’s Tory Tunnell and Battersby.
Arquette, 49, previously directed a pair of episodes from her NBC series “Medium” in 2009. sk/08:51
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:31 AM | Markovic: Montenegro is working in all fields to reduce influx of illegal immigrants to EU
Montenegro's Prime Minister Duško Marković said in an interview with the Austrian public broadcaster...
- 9:26 AM | Implementation process of Macedonia - Greece name deal begins
After Sunday’s signing of the agreement between Macedonia and Greece and closing of 27-year name dis...
- 4:42 PM | Pope: Nations must protect those who must flee
Pope Francis says he hopes governments can reach agreements that assure protection for those forced ...
- 4:05 PM | Macedonian and Greek MPs meet in Prespa
Macedonian lawmakers attending the signing of the historic name deal between Macedonia and Greece in...
- 3:56 PM | VMRO-DPMNE stages rally in Bitola against name agreement
VMRO-DPMNE with all democratic and legal means will fight against the capitulation served to us toda...