- Tuesday, January 09, 2018 1:39 PM
Lisbon, 9 January 2018 (MIA) - Eurovision Song Contest organizers announced that this year’s event in Portugal will feature four female presenters, after being criticized for choosing an all-male presenting line-up for last year’s competition in Kiev.
Critics on social media chided the organizers for picking three male hosts last year, pointing out that the contest is supposed to celebrate diversity.
This year's Eurovision will be held in Lisbon in May and presented by four women. One of the hosts will be actress Daniela Ruah, who was "borrowed" from an American TV show. She will be joined by three women known for their presence in Portugal's show business: Filomena Cautela, Silvia Alberto, and Catarina Furtado.
Contest officials did not have any further comment on this decision. mr/ik/13:32
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 7:45 PM | Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign for allegedly disrupting 2016 election
The Democratic Party sued Russia, Republican President Donald Trump's campaign and WikiLeaks on Frid...
- 7:01 PM | Luxembourg reaffirms its support of Macedonia’s bid to join Euro-Atlantic organizations
The Macedonian, Luxembourgian Foreign Ministers, Nikola Dimitrov and Jean Asselborn respectively, ex...
- 6:45 PM | Trump rails against high oil prices, OPEC pushes back
U.S. President Donald Trump accused OPEC on Friday of “artificially” boosting oil prices after a yea...
- 6:44 PM | European Council President Tusk to visit Macedonia on 27 April
European Council President Donald Tusk will travel to Tirana, Podgorica, Belgrade, Sarajevo and Skop...
- 6:29 PM | EU integration progress to boost economic growth, FinMin tells Bloomberg
The European Commission’s recommendation for the Republic of Macedonia to start European Union entry...