- Friday, January 12, 2018 1:29 PM
Boston, 12 January 2018 (MIA) - It was close but no cigar for anyone who bid less than $26,950 at auction for a signed box of Cuban cigars from Fidel Castro's personal collection, AP reports.
Boston-based RR Auction says Thursday that was the winning bid.
The wooden Trinidad Fundadores cigar box was signed in blue felt tip by the longtime Cuban leader. It is accompanied by a photograph of Castro signing it for philanthropist Dr. Eva Haller in 2002.
The box contains 24 cigars, is stamped on each end and has a maker's mark on the bottom. It also includes a "Republica de Cuba" cigar warranty seal, which has been re-adhered. sk/13:25
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:26 PM | True patriotism is doing what is best for future generations, Robertson tells MIA
Former NATO secretary-general, Lord George Robertson, tells MIA the newly-established Ohrid Group wi...
- 8:56 PM | Bulgaria, Greece and Romania meet in support of Serbia's EU accession
Bulgaria, Greece, and Romania must do everything possible for Serbia to join the EU family, Bulgaria...
- 8:36 PM | Debate on Macedonia’s process for joining EU, NATO
After 17 years it may be concluded that the Ohrid Framework Agreement is successful, as it restored ...
- 8:25 PM | Greek MoFA urges Hahn to refrain from giving wrong image of name talks
The Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs has urged EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn to refrain from giving...
- 8:04 PM | Finance Ministry says 30-year bond improves debt structure and refinancing
The Finance Ministry said Tuesday the issuance of long-term securities, such as today's 30-year bond...