- Thursday, May 17, 2018 1:44 PM
London, 17 May 2018 (MIA) - Elton John will take the stage at the royal wedding ... a fitting choice given the singer's history with Prince Harry, Princess Diana and the Royal Family.
Sources close to Elton tell TMZ the singer is set to perform during Saturday's event ... it's still unclear whether he'll get behind his piano at the church ceremony or at the reception later in the night.
Elton's been tight with the Royal Family for years ... he was an extremely close friend of Princess Diana. The two worked together to raise money for AIDS research and awareness of the disease.
The singer was also a tremendous source of support for Prince Harry and Prince William when Diana died in 1997. Elton famously performed "Candle in the Wind" as a tribute for Diana at her funeral.
Elton had originally booked shows in Vegas for this weekend, but they were rescheduled months ago due to a "scheduling conflict" ... guess now we know the conflict. sk/13:44
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:28 PM | Three children aged 4, 2, 1 die in Veles fire
Three children aged 4, 2 and 1 died in a fire that broke out on the outskirts of Veles late on Wedne...
- 9:20 PM | Erdogan says Turkey became safe haven for refugees, West hid behind barbed wires
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday Turkey became a safe haven for refugees while the W...
- 8:57 PM | Trump to order end of immediate immigrant family separations at U.S. border
U.S. President Donald Trump said he would sign an executive order on immigration on Wednesday to end...
- 8:46 PM | WC 2018: Uruguay makes knockout stage, Saudi Arabia out after 1-0 loss
Uruguay beat Saudi Arabia 1-0 on Wednesday thanks to a goal from striker Luis Suarez, propelling the...
- 8:41 PM | Committee for changes in Macedonian, Greek instruction books in coming weeks
A committee working on changes in instruction books in both Macedonia and Greece will be established...