- Friday, May 25, 2018 4:47 PM
New York, 25 May 2018 (MIA) – Harvey Weinstein turned himself in to New York City detectives and was arrested on Friday on charges that he raped one woman and forced another to perform oral sex, a watershed in a months-long sex crimes investigation and the #MeToo movement, the New York Times reports.
He was expected to be arraigned on charges of first-degree rape and third-degree rape in one case, and first-degree criminal sex act in another, law enforcement officials said.
The charges follow a wave of accusations against him that led women around the world, some of them famous and many of them not, to come forward with accounts of being sexually harassed and assaulted by powerful men.
Those stories spawned the global #MeToo movement, and since then, the ground has shifted beneath men who for years benefited from a code of silence around their predatory behavior. mr/16:47
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:20 PM | Zaev-Pence: Prespa Agreement secures Macedonia's Euro-Atlantic integration
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev met Thursday in Washington with United States Vice President Mike Pence, w...
- 9:57 PM | DM Sekerinska: Citizens offered opportunity to realize wish for becoming part of EU, NATO
There is no doubt that citizens of Macedonia wish for their country to join the European Union and N...
- 8:45 PM | Germany, France help Western Balkans get rid of illicit arms
Germany and France have launched a project fighting illicit firearms trafficking in the Western Balk...
- 8:06 PM | Turkey slashes growth goals, warns of high inflation
Turkey slashed its growth projections and ramped up inflation predictions on Thursday, winning prais...
- 7:54 PM | Turkey fines Google over competition infringements
Turkey's Competition Authority has fined US tech giant Google around USD 15 million for violating co...