- Friday, May 25, 2018 4:47 PM
New York, 25 May 2018 (MIA) – Harvey Weinstein turned himself in to New York City detectives and was arrested on Friday on charges that he raped one woman and forced another to perform oral sex, a watershed in a months-long sex crimes investigation and the #MeToo movement, the New York Times reports.
He was expected to be arraigned on charges of first-degree rape and third-degree rape in one case, and first-degree criminal sex act in another, law enforcement officials said.
The charges follow a wave of accusations against him that led women around the world, some of them famous and many of them not, to come forward with accounts of being sexually harassed and assaulted by powerful men.
Those stories spawned the global #MeToo movement, and since then, the ground has shifted beneath men who for years benefited from a code of silence around their predatory behavior. mr/16:47
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:08 PM | FM: Political decision this week on start of EU negotiations is crucial for Macedonia
I hope that the EU members could find a compromise that for us would imply a clear political decisio...
- 8:48 PM | Traffic accident leaves 2 dead, 17 injured migrants
Two migrants died and 17 were left injured on Monday after a traffic accident on Radovis-Stip road i...
- 8:35 PM | FM: Bulgaria to propose opening of EU-Macedonia accession negotiations
The Bulgarian Presidency of the EU Council will propose on Tuesday that Macedonia and Albania be inv...
- 8:23 PM | Macedonia expects heightened US support: deputy minister
Deputy Foreign Minister Andrej Zernovski and US Ambassador Jess Baily in a meeting on Monday praised...
- 7:50 PM | PM Zaev congratulates Turkey's Erdogan on election victory
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev sent Monday a letter to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan congratulating him ...