- Thursday, June 14, 2018 5:58 PM
Los Angeles, 14 June 2018 (MIA) - Ewan McGregor has been cast as the adult Danny Torrance in Doctor Sleep, the Warner Bros. adaptation of Stephen King’s 2013 sequel to The Shining.
The novel picks up years after the traumatic events at the Overlook Hotel, as Danny grapples with the same alcohol and anger issues his father experienced. Both have led to the dilution of his ‘Shining’ powers, which slowly begin to re-emerge as Danny turns to sobriety, and uses them to help hospice patients. During this time, he develops a connection with a young girl, Abra Stone, who comes to possess the same Shining abilities as he does. Both later end up in the cross hairs of a tribe of paranormals led by a man known only as Rose the Hat.
According to Variety reporter Justin Kroll, McGregor edged out the likes of Matt Smith, Chris Evans and Jeremy Renner for the role in director Mike Flanagan’s film. Variety‘s sources say King gave the casting his blessing.
Although Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining became a cult classic, King was famously dissatisfied with the 1980 adaptation, and went on to write his own 1997 television miniseries.
Flanagan is known for such horror films as Before I Wake and Hush, but also recently turned King’s Gerald’s Game into a popular Netflix series. Considering the industry is preparing for the Castle Rock anthology series, It: Chapter 2, a potential Dark Tower TV series and a film adaptation of The Stand, it is a big moment for King’s work.
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:32 PM | Osmani: I believe that opposition will realize that the country has no future without EU and NATO
Deputy PM for European Affairs Bujar Osmani considers that opposing of VMRO-DPMNE to the name deal w...
- 3:55 PM | Fund for Innovations says procedure of first call on Economic Growth Plan is transparent
The Fund for Innovations and Technology Development said Sunday that the procedure for conducting th...
- 3:04 PM | Ex-Trump adviser Steve Bannon planning foundation to boost far right in Europe: Report
US President Donald Trump's controversial former adviser Steve Bannon plans to set up a foundation i...
- 2:54 PM | Kotzias: Citizens of the neighbouring country have the right to self-determination
We cannot change the universal right the neighbours to be called Macedonians, at an individual or un...
- 1:36 PM | Angjusev urges his companies’ co-owners to withdraw applications for Government’s Economic Growth Plan funding measures
Deputy PM for Economic Affairs Koco Angjusev urged co-owners of his companies to reconsider decision...