- Thursday, June 21, 2018 7:42 PM
Los Angeles, 21 June 2018 (MIA) – George and Amal Clooney, through their Clooney Foundation for Justice, have donated USD 100,000 to the Young Center for Immigrant Children’s Rights to help migrant children separated from their families, AFP reports.
After welcoming children of their own, twins Ella and Alexander, the couple debated how their kids would react upon hearing about what’s going on at the Mexico-US border.
“At some point in the future, our children will ask us: ‘Is it true, did our country really take babies from their parents and put them in detention centers?’ And when we answer yes, they’ll ask us what we did about it. What we said. Where we stood,” the Clooneys told People.
“We can’t change this administration’s policy, but we can help defend the victims of it." mr/19:42
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 6:30 PM | Bulgaria parliament bars government from signing deals on migrant readmissions
Bulgaria's parliament voted on Friday to bar the government from signing bilateral agreements with o...
- 6:15 PM | Russia sends Syrian refugee proposal to U.S. after Trump summit
Russia's Defence Ministry said on Friday it had sent a proposal to Washington to jointly organise th...
- 5:28 PM | Hungarian PM Orban welcomes Macedonia-Greece name deal
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban has sent a letter to congratulate Prime Minister Zoran Zaev on...
- 5:26 PM | Russia summons Greek ambassador in Moscow amid diplomatic row
Russia's government has summoned the Greek ambassador to protest the expulsion of two Russian diplom...
- 5:11 PM | Man arrested after knife attack on German bus
A man armed with a knife attacked people on a bus in the northern German city of Luebeck on Friday, ...