- Thursday, July 12, 2018 10:15 AM
Los Angeles, 12 July 2018 (MIA) - Gladiator star Joaquin Phoenix is to play Batman's nemesis The Joker in a stand-alone film exploring the origins of the cackling comic book villain, BBC reports.
Co-written and directed by The Hangover director Todd Phillips, the currently untitled film is set to begin shooting in New York this September.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, it will be both "a gritty character study" and "a broader cautionary tale".
Phoenix's other roles include Johnny Cash in 2005 biopic Walk the Line.
The 43-year-old was recently seen playing Jesus in Mary Magdalene and as a troubled vigilante in You Were Never Really Here. sk/10:13
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 10:07 PM | EU Ambassador Zbogar: Ohrid to use more EU funds for developing tourism
About EUR 18 million under the EU Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA) has been allocated f...
- 10:04 PM | Opposition leader Mickoski tells citizens to vote 'with own conscience' in upcoming referendum
In the 30 September referendum all citizens of Macedonia should act in line with their belief, liste...
- 9:28 PM | EDJNet: Europe is getting warmer
An exclusive analysis of over 100 million meteorological data points shows that every major city in ...
- 7:37 PM | Russia to upgrade Syria air defenses
Russia is to send new anti-aircraft missiles to Syria, a week after Syrian forces accidentally shot ...
- 6:29 PM | Italy govt adopts tough anti-migrant decree
The Italian government on Monday adopted a heavily-criticised security decree which will make it eas...