- Thursday, March 31, 2016 1:03 PM
Gevgelija, 31 March 2016 (MIA) - Macedonian Army (ARM) troops at the southern border with Greece are deployed at the most critical points. The border is properly delineated and protected, said Defense Minister Zoran Jolevski during Thursday's visit to the border near Gevgelija.
Jolevski said the situation has calmed down, but there is continual monitoring of developments.
"According to rough estimates by the ARM General Staff, extension of the state of emergency by the year-end and the deployment of troops at the border would require additional EUR 8 million", he added.
Minister Jolevski has confirmed his participation at the coming Vienna meeting with counterparts from central Europe and the Western Balkans route, expecting an agreement over the future steps in the management of the refugee crisis. ik/13:01
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:53 PM | Forest fire burns west of Athens, residents flee on mopeds
A swift-moving forest fire burned through a mountainous area west of Athens on Monday, prompting res...
- 4:51 PM | VMRO-DPMNE's Mickoski: Gov't accepts opposition demands
Party leaders have reached an agreement on the law on the financing of political parties, a Przino-s...
- 4:49 PM | Sweden faces 'extreme' risk of even more wildfires
Sweden is facing an "extreme" risk of more wildfires in coming days, authorities warned on Monday. ...
- 4:44 PM | I’m ‘very happy’ with progress in North Korea talk, says Trump
US President Donald Trump on Monday lashed out at the media for what he said was “Fake News” about d...
- 4:08 PM | Leaders’ meeting brings agreement on ‘Przino Government, State Election Commission and financing of political parties (video)
After six-hour talks, the leaders of four main parties in Macedonia reached an agreement Monday on t...