- Friday, February 09, 2018 6:16 PM
Skopje, 9 February 2018 (MIA) – The first play set to premiere at the Macedonian National Theater in 2018 is The Young Ladies of Avignon. Its first performance is scheduled for February 21, and the play is based on Sasho Dimoski's script and directed by Nenad Vitanov.
The MNT production marks the 110th anniversary of the creation of Picasso's famous painting Les Demoiselles d'Avignon, which was a major first step towards Cubism and is generally taken as the foundation of the art movement.
The cast consists of Iskra Veterova, Sofia Nasevska-Trifunovska, Zvezdana Angelovska, Gordana Endrovska, Ana Stojanovska, and Vasil Zafircev.
Kaliopi Bukle wrote the score, Filip Vitanov is the set designer, and Tanja Kokev designed the costumes for the play. mr/18:15
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 10:34 AM | Sunny and warm with slightly overcast skies
Sunny and warm in Macedonia today, with slightly overcast skies. Short showers and local storms are ...
- 7:39 PM | Albania’s opposition boycotts resolution supporting EU talks
Albania’s opposition on Thursday boycotted a resolution expressing support for the launch of negotia...
- 5:56 PM | Trump cancels Kim summit amid North Korea 'hostility'
US President Donald Trump has cancelled a summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, saying the wo...
- 5:45 PM | Macedonian, Bulgarian PMs in Rome: Ss. Cyril and Methodius’ mission promotes dialogue and mutual understanding
Macedonian and Bulgarian delegations, led by Prime Ministers Zoran Zaev and Boyko Borissov respectiv...
- 4:34 PM | Macedonia becomes full-fledged member of Adriatic-Ionian Initiative
On an invitation of Italian Foreign Minister Angelino Alfano, a delegation of Macedonia’s Foreign Mi...