- Thursday, March 08, 2018 2:07 PM
Skopje, 8 March 2018 (MIA) - Women from all walks of life on International Women's Day marched in downtown Skopje calling for end to stereotypes and violence against women and misogyny.
"With this march, in addition to celebrating women, we urge also our fathers, brothers and sons to show solidarity with the women in Macedonia and to join forces to reject stereotypes and labels that constrain us and to say NO to violence and hatred of women," said the protesters.
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, Deputy PM and Defense Minister Radmila Sekerinska, Minister of Labor and Social Policy Mila Carovska, and Health Minister Venko Filipce joined the march.
The event was organized by the Platform for Gender Equality and women's rights activists. ba/14:04
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:17 PM | North Korea agrees to accept U.N. agency staff over missiles
North Korea has agreed to allow International Civil Aviation Organization staff to conduct an on-sit...
- 4:07 PM | Homer’s Iliad to close 58th Ohrid Summer Festival on Monday
Macedonia’s biggest music and theatre event, the 58th edition of Ohrid Summer Festival, is to close ...
- 2:00 PM | Operational Employment Plan, Youth Guarantee programme - effective to reduce unemployment
2018 Operational Employment Plan and pilot programme Youth Guarantee are being successfully implemen...
- 11:17 AM | Portrait of academician Radovan Pavlovski at scientific and art visit in Uranija House-MANU
An event portraying the academician Radovan Pavlovski will be held Sunday evening within scientific ...
- 10:52 AM | Tough talks, no agreements at Merkel, Putin meeting near Berlin
Russian President Vladimir Putin and German Chancellor Angela Merkel discussed the conflicts in Ukra...