- Wednesday, January 03, 2018 9:11 PM
Zagreb, 3 January 2018 (MIA) - Mikaela Shiffrin took a women’s World Cup slalom Wednesday for her seventh win from 14 starts this season.
The Olympic champion from the United States built on a commanding first-run lead to beat Wendy Holdener of Switzerland by 1.59 seconds.
Frida Hansdotter of Sweden was 2.11 behind in third, while Slovakia’s Petra Vlhova, the only skier to beat Shiffrin in a slalom event this season, finished 2.24 off the lead in fourth.
After skipping two speed races in Val d’Isere last month, Shiffrin leads the overall standings with 1,081 points after 16 of this season’s 38 races. Viktoria Rebensburg of Germany trails by 571 points in second.
Shiffrin is the defending slalom and overall World Cup champion. lk/21:11
- 2:22 PM | 47 suspected coup supporters detained by Turkish Police
Turkish police have apprehended 47 people accused of participating in the 2016 failed military coup,...
- 2:14 PM | DURA Automotive Systems to open new facility in Macedonia
Directorate for Technological Industrial Development Zones signed contract for long-term lease of co...
- 1:31 PM | Angjusev: Macedonia made huge steps in energy sector reforms
Macedonia has made huge steps in energy sector reforms in one year, Deputy PM for Economic Affairs K...
- 12:56 PM | Mancevski: Western Balkan countries work together to transform public administration
The Western Balkan countries work together to transform public administration, to connect digitally ...
- 12:06 PM | PM Zaev to visit Austria and Poland
A government delegation led by Prime Minister Zoran Zaev will pay official visit to Austria on June ...