- Thursday, March 08, 2018 2:07 PM
Skopje, 8 March 2018 (MIA) - Women from all walks of life on International Women's Day marched in downtown Skopje calling for end to stereotypes and violence against women and misogyny.
"With this march, in addition to celebrating women, we urge also our fathers, brothers and sons to show solidarity with the women in Macedonia and to join forces to reject stereotypes and labels that constrain us and to say NO to violence and hatred of women," said the protesters.
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, Deputy PM and Defense Minister Radmila Sekerinska, Minister of Labor and Social Policy Mila Carovska, and Health Minister Venko Filipce joined the march.
The event was organized by the Platform for Gender Equality and women's rights activists. ba/14:04
- 6:02 PM | Government passes draft anti-discrimination law
The Government passed Tuesday the draft-law for prevention and protection from discrimination, upon ...
- 5:54 PM | Spasovski: We are firmly against refugee camps on Macedonian soil
After his meeting Tuesday to discuss EU-Western Balkans cooperation in the area of migration, securi...
- 5:49 PM | New U.S. investment in Macedonia
U.S. company "Telamon" will invest EUR 4 million in a Macedonian plant, opening 300 jobs in the firs...
- 5:18 PM | Committee on European Affairs endorses draft-law ratifying name agreement
Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov elaborated Tuesday the process of settling the name dispute and the...
- 5:06 PM | Theodorakis: Name agreement has weaknesses, but beneficial
The name agreement has its weaknesses but is beneficial in preventing the march of Turkey and showin...