- Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:51 PM
Skopje, 12 September 2018 (MIA) – EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini is set to visit Macedonia on Thursday for meetings with the country’s top officials, the government said in a press release on Wednesday.
Mogherini is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, President Gjorge Ivanov and leader of the opposition VMRO-DPMNE Kristijan Mickoski, the press release reads. Mogherini -Zaev meeting will be followed by a press conference.
The European Commission issued a press release today, reminding that Mogherini welcomed the historic agreement on the name issue reached in June and attended its signing at Lake Prespa.
‘The EU has also been supporting the country, in line with the reinforced EU engagement with the Western Balkans, outlined in the Western Balkans Strategy, and commitments made at the EU-Western Balkans summit in Sofia,’ the press release reads. lk/19:50
- 2:30 PM | President Ivanov attends 73rd UN General Assembly
President Gjorge Ivanov, as part of his activities at the 73rd United Nations (UN) General Assembly ...
- 2:21 PM | German deputies decline attending Erdoğan’s dinner
Two German deputies declined the invitation of German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier for a state ...
- 2:07 PM | Xhaferi-Zidan: Name referendum 'a historic chance', myriad of opportunities in EU and NATO
Macedonia in every sense of the word belongs in the family of European nations. I hope that the citi...
- 2:01 PM | Film retrospective to celebrate centenary of Ingmar Bergman's birth
To mark the centenary of Ingmar Bergman's birth (1918-2007), the Cinematheque of Macedonia is screen...
- 1:18 PM | Veterinary and phytosanitary border control improved with EU support
A step toward adequate, quick and quality inspection control of all packages of food from vegetable ...