- Friday, February 09, 2018 6:16 PM
Skopje, 9 February 2018 (MIA) – The first play set to premiere at the Macedonian National Theater in 2018 is The Young Ladies of Avignon. Its first performance is scheduled for February 21, and the play is based on Sasho Dimoski's script and directed by Nenad Vitanov.
The MNT production marks the 110th anniversary of the creation of Picasso's famous painting Les Demoiselles d'Avignon, which was a major first step towards Cubism and is generally taken as the foundation of the art movement.
The cast consists of Iskra Veterova, Sofia Nasevska-Trifunovska, Zvezdana Angelovska, Gordana Endrovska, Ana Stojanovska, and Vasil Zafircev.
Kaliopi Bukle wrote the score, Filip Vitanov is the set designer, and Tanja Kokev designed the costumes for the play. mr/18:15
- 4:36 PM | Dimitrov to meet Mogherini Sunday afternoon
Macedonia’s Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov will meet late in the afternoon with Federica Mogherini...
- 3:14 PM | Russia says 4 of its soldiers have been killed in Syria
A clash with “terrorists” in eastern Syria killed four Russian soldiers and wounded others, the Russ...
- 2:50 PM | Mitsotakis: We can live 2-3 more years with unresolved name issue
If I have political responsibility, name dispute will be resolved when I consider that the solution ...
- 1:55 PM | EU ministers to be briefed on ongoing name talks
Macedonia and progress in name talks will be one of the main topics at EU’s Foreign Affairs Council ...
- 1:20 PM | Dimitrov to visit Brussels on May 28-29
Macedonia’s Foreign Nikola Dimitrov is to pay official visit May 28-29 to Brussels.