- Monday, September 24, 2018 4:01 PM
Skopje, 24 September 2018 (MIA) - The Macedonian Opera and Ballet on Friday (Sept. 28) is kicking off the 2018/2019 season with a spectacular performance of the scenic cantata Carmina Burana by Carl Orff.
A reprise is scheduled the next day on Sept. 29.
Kan Aslan from Turkey conceived the choreography and the play's libretto, the set is designed by Moidrag Tabacki from Serbia and the costumes are designed by Elena Donceva from Macedonia and Gizem Betil from Turkey.
Carmina Burana will be conducted by Macedonian conductor Bisera Cadlovska.
"For years, Carmina Burana has attracted the attention of directors and choreographers. Also, audiences have never stopped demanding the play is included in the repertoire," the Macedonian Opera and Ballet said in a statement.
German composer Carl Orff composed the piece in 1935 and 1936, based on 24 poems from the medieval collection Carmina Burana.
Carmina Burana was performed for the first time in Skopje in 1973.
- 9:05 PM | FM Dimitrov meets officials of Dutch Ministry of Justice
Reforms implemented by the government, with an emphasis on judiciary, reform of the public administr...
- 8:34 PM | Evidence found missing journalist was killed in Saudi consulate: official
A high-level Turkish official says police have found “certain evidence” during their search of the S...
- 8:27 PM | NATO cyber command to be fully operational in 2023
A new NATO military command center to deter computer hackers should be fully staffed in 2023 and abl...
- 8:19 PM | PM Zaev 'ready' to reach consensus with everyone, including opposition leader
The government is authorized to propose initiating of constitutional amendments and is tasked by a c...
- 6:57 PM | US disappointed with VMRO-DPMNE's leadership, Mitchell tells Mickoski
Wess Mitchell, Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs, has sent a letter to ...